Friday, September 24, 2010

Taking God's Lead

September 17, 2008


I made a connection today.

As a slumbered, I dreamt I was orchestrating this plan. It was to figure out who dumped toxic material in a local reservoir. The townspeople were sick and the businesses had left.

In the hospital I got eyewitness accounts from sick townspeople of the dumping activities. I had maps marked and I had a plan to bring the people responsible to justice. I had records and charts.

Then, in the dream, my husband erased all my notes, crumpled my plans and destroyed everything I built. My teetering plans for retribution were wiped clean in a single fell swoop.

Then I woke up.

I rolled over and gave my husband a morning hug just as his alarm rang. Today he’d be auditioning for open mic night at a comedy club for the first time. I couldn’t help but think the dream had something to do with this, but I couldn’t tell how.

As a rose, he told me to get some rest, since we’d be up late that night. I wasn’t sleepy, and I told him so. I walked into the kitchen to make him his lunch. God told me to tell him about my dream, I didn’t want to, but I shared anyway.

I hugged him again as he walked out the door and opened up my computer to email someone I forgot to the night before. I read some email, got to one from my homeschooling cyber parent support group. It led me to the third epistle of John.

I read the whole epistle, and then was led to the questions. “Is God trying to tell you follow someone else’s lead?” I instantly knew what the dream was about.

Lord, let me follow your lead today, do what you have in store for me and give my children Your love today.

________________________

This was a journal entry made two years ago. I have yet to learn the lesson God was speaking to my heart that day. So much has happened since then. I am seizure and medication free becasue I stopped eating gluten and other foods (you can find the story here about that on my other blog glutenfreefantasy.blogspot.com). I had a miscarriage, I had a baby, and I had back surgery. All through these trials I feel God's hand leading me. The one thing I can say is that I am redirected much easier than before. :)

If this ministers to you, please let others know. Share this with your friends on facebook. Let me know you were here by sending me a note or commenting on this blog. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages