Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm So Excited...and I Just Can't Hide It

I feel as if I finally found my blog. Breastfeeding is near and dear to my heart and with all my issues I can literally write for years on the subject.


Take Lactation failure for example, most women who experience it for the first time don't know they have it, but only know something is wrong. They think they might not have enough, but with all the conflicting information, it's hard to know what to do about it.

Then there are herbs. Some herbs help induce lactation, like fenugreek and goat's rue, and some diminish supply, like sage, parsley and peppermint. Some are safe during pregnancy and not lactation, others are not good for either stage, and some are good for both stages of a woman's life.

I've also explored the social stigma surrounding nursing. While I fall somewhere in the middle of full-frontal nudity and locked in a public bathroom stall, I still think we westerners need an education as to why God put those two round things on our chest. Sorry Pamela Anderson, your boobs are not for the guys at the beach to drool over, He put them there to feed babies.

In the months to come I plan on taking pictures of my SNS, or supplemental feeding system, during its use and sharing how I clean and take care of this handy little device. This took a while to get used to, but I think it is the single most important item I’ve used to maintain my supply.

Thanks for visiting, gotta run the baby is crying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages